Terms of Service
Sad Panda Studios makes fun games ("games") and we're really happy you're playing them!
You also agree to be bound by Steam's terms and policies
These games are owned and operated by Sad Panda Studios. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our games - send us an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Accessing and playing our Games
All information about each game rules can be found within the game itself.
You are responsible for the internet connection and for obtaining (at your own cost) all necessary equipment required to access and play our games.
We have the right to modify and switch off any of our games without liability to you from time to time for these reasons:
- technical works;
- regular game updates;
- because it no longer makes business sense for us to support the game;
It is possible that from time to time any our game will be not available for technical or other maintenance related reasons (this can be scheduled or not).
3. Accounts and Registration
You will need an account at http://store.steampowered.com to access and play our games.
It is your responsibility to keep your Steam login and password secret. We shall assume that any person logging into our games using your Steam username and password is either you or someone doing so with your permission.
You will be responsible and liable for any actions taken by any person logging into the games using your username and password (including, but not limited to, any information posted in the game's forums).
4. Virtual Goods and Virtual Currency in our Games
4.1 The games include virtual currency ("Currency") which may be used to purchase items for use in the games ("Virtual Goods"). You will only obtain Currency and Virtual Goods from us. You may only purchase Currency if you have attained the age of majority in your country of residence. You must get your parent or legal guardian to make any such purchases on your behalf if you have not yet attained such age.
4.2 Once purchased, Currency or Virtual Goods may not be redeemed, transferred or otherwise exchanged (except where explicitly authorized in the games and in accordance with these Terms of Service) for any legal tender or any goods or items of monetary value from us or any other party.
4.3 Upon your purchase of any Currency or Virtual Goods from Us, you shall be entitled to use the Currency or Virtual Goods solely in the games. You shall not acquire any rights or title in or to any such Currency or Virtual Goods.
4.4 You agree that all sales by us to you of Virtual Money and Virtual Goods are final and that we will not refund any transaction once it has been made.
4.5 We have the right to remove, modify, control or regulate any Currency and/or Virtual Goods that appear or originate in the games without liability to you or any third party.
4.6 All Currency and/or Virtual Goods shall be cancelled if Your account is terminated or suspended for any reason or if We discontinue providing the games and we will not compensate you for this loss or make any refund to you.
5. Users behaviour
5.1 All the information, that you provide to us, when you access and/or play in our games must be and shall remain true, accurate and complete at all times.
5.2 You must comply with the laws that apply to you in the location that you access our games from. If any laws applicable to you restrict or prohibit you from playing our games, you must comply with those legal restrictions or, if applicable, stop accessing and/or playing our games.
5.3 You agree that you will not:
- use our games to harm anyone or to cause offence to or harass any person;
- use our games for fraudulent or abusive purposes;
- use our games for any commercial or business purpose or for the benefit of any third party or to send unsolicited communications;
- attempt to hack any of our games, cheat in our games or assist in cheating;
- 'harvest', 'scrape' or collect any information about or regarding other people that play our games, including, but not limited to any personal data or information;
- sell, transfer or try to sell or transfer an account with us or any part of an account including any Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods;
- disobey any requirements or regulations of networks connected to our games;
- use our games in violation of any applicable law or regulation;
- use our games in any other way not permitted by these terms.
6. Violation of these terms
6.1 We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to our games (including by deleting your account) if we reasonably believe that you are in material breach of these terms (including by repeated minor breaches).
6.2 You agree to compensate us, according to law, for all losses, harm, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of these terms by you.
7. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
7.1 Nothing in these Terms of Service limits or excludes our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- any loss suffered by you as a result of your reliance on any fraudulent misrepresentation made by us to you; or any other liability which may not by law be limited or excluded.
7.2 Subject to section 7.1, you agree that we shall not be liable for:
- any direct loss, claim or damage;
- any indirect loss, claim or damage, or any punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind (including but not limited to lost savings or loss or corruption of data); or any loss of profit (whether direct or indirect), in each case whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, which arises out of or is in any way connected with
- any use of the games, the games or their contents or any competitions or prize draws which are entered via the games
- any failure or delay in the use of any component of the games or any service including, without limitation, any unavailability of the games or the services irrespective of duration of any period of unavailability; or
- any use of or reliance upon any information, material, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the games, in all cases even if We have been forewarned of the possibility of such loss or damage.
7.3 Without limiting the effect of Section 7.2, due to the inherent risks of using the internet, we cannot be liable for any damage to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or any other property when playing the games. The downloading or other acquisition of any materials or information through the games is done at your own discretion and risk and with your agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the downloading or acquisition of any such materials.
7.4 You agree to indemnify us against any claims or legal proceedings that may arise through your use of the games or from any breach of these Terms of Service by you.
7.5 We will notify you of any such claims or proceedings and keep you informed as to the progress of such claims or proceedings.
7.6 We will provide our games with the same skill and care as other similar games providers, but you acknowledge that your only right with respect to any problems or dissatisfaction with any of our games is to discontinue your use of that game and we are not responsible or liable for any interruptions or errors that you may experience while playing our games.
8. Intellectual property
8.1 You acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to our games (other than Content which is contributed and owned by players) is owned by or licensed to us.
8.2 Whilst you are in compliance with these terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, personal, revocable limited licence to access and use our games (but not the related object and source code) for your own personal private use, in each case provided that such use is in accordance with these terms. You agree not to use our games for anything else.
8.3 You must not copy, distribute, make available to the public or create any derivative work from our games or any part of our games unless we have first agreed to this in writing. The only exception to this is if you wish to create "let's play" videos, which are acceptable.
8.4 In particular, and without limiting the application of Section 8.3, you must not make available any cheats or technological measures designed to control access to, or elements of, our games, including providing access to any Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods, whether on a free of charge basis or otherwise.
10. These terms transferring
We may wish to transfer all or a part of our rights or responsibilities under these terms to someone else without obtaining your consent. You agree that we may do so provided that the transfer does not significantly disadvantage you. You may not transfer any of the rights we give you under these terms unless we first agree to this in writing.
11. Entire agreement
These terms set out the entire agreement between you and us concerning our games and they replace all earlier agreements and understandings between you and us.
12. These terms changes
These terms are available any time in our games. We reserve the right to make changes to these terms from time to time at our sole discretion and your continued use of our games shall confirm your acceptance of the updated terms.
If any part of these terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable under any applicable local laws or by an applicable court, that part shall be interpreted in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect as nearly as possible our original intentions and the remainder of these terms shall remain valid and enforceable.
14. Waivers of our rights
Our failure to exercise or enforce any of our rights under these terms does not waive our right to enforce such right. Any waiver of such rights shall only be effective if it is in writing and signed by us.
15. Complaints and dispute resolution
If you contacted us at email@example.com and we cannot solve your concern and you wish to bring legal action against us these terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia, Canada.
These Terms were last updated on 11 August 2016.